Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Nagai Koto Chapter 000

The Long Journey Until I Reunite With You

Prologue: Dying Regret

(Author’s Note: Although the theme has been extensively used, I intentionally wanted to write with it.)

Despite being a delinquent, I had gone on a field trip and died. No, I shouldn't have been the only one that died. I was beyond saving. I was often associated with bad people from middle school to high school. Whatever fights or injuries they gave me, I smiled and overcame them, but now it seemed that they were going to die with vacant eyes. But I could do nothing as I lay motionless.

The bus we were riding on was forced to go around a car to overtake it, but as the bus came to a sudden turn, it fell to the bottom of a ravine in the mountain pass. What they felt had gone beyond pain, to the point where they were paralyzed and unconscious. How disappointing.

From the time I was in middle school I survived the carnage of large scale fights. I was the strongest, I was arrogant, and a delinquent teenager. A bunch of us from different schools hung out and indulged ourselves, it was fun but empty. But I became a high school student and went on a school field trip because that girl was there.

Uooooooh, Asakura-kun’s bike makes a pretty nice sound. (????)

Whenever I did happen to go to school, only the bad people stuck around while everyone else avoided me. However, a single girl talked to me without feeling intimidated. She was annoying.

Wait, Asakura-kun, can run really fast? I’d be happy if you did the relay for the athletic festival. (????)

She was the type who was at the center of events and school life with her youth. She was the type who was outspoken and motivated and became the center of attention.

Ehehehe Well I’m also taking the supplemental exams. Even though we’re Japanese, why do we have to study English anyways? Math also makes no sense! (????)

Moreover, she was a bit dumb. I was forced to take supplementary exams so I wouldn't repeat a year. I always ended up seeing her because of that. She didn’t have the face of a top class beauty. Nor were physical activities her specialty. However, she was eager about everything, and never got discouraged. She always showed her true self and made a lot of friends, and before I knew it I was caught up in her pace.

Asakura-kun, you can’t leave. It’s because you've got an important role in the play. Yeah, with the tanuki costume. (????)
(TN: A tanuki is a Japanese Raccoon.)

Before I realized it, the delinquent that I was began going to school, and came to be on good terms with the people who were previously afraid of me.

Asakura-kun, what do you mean you can’t go on the school trip?! Hey stop it! Listen, everyone’s going to have fun. (????)

She was noisy but easy to approach, so it wasn't all that bad.

Kamino...... (Asakura)

I, who was given that sort of life by Kamino Mina, fell in love with her. However, she wouldn’t wake up. That idiot's stupid grin is gone, and my other classmates will never open their eyes again.

I really wanted to keep talking to you. There were so many things I didn't get to tell you because I was too embarrassed. A short thank you, and, I love you. Go out with me. I always wanted to tell you that.

11 comments:

  1. This seems nice! Thanks for the translation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i look forward to this, even if it will take awhile to get to the good parts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for translating this!
    Hoping for more ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommendation, this is really enjoyable to translate.

      Delete

  4.        (⌒⌒)
      Thanks   ii!i!i
       Nepu!! / ~~~ \
      ⊂⊃ /  ^ω ^ \ ⊂⊃
    ___,,,,傘傘傘┯┯┯┯傘傘傘_

    Ch 0 and I'm already boarding the feel train.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It wasn't truck-san this time... It was cliff-san!!! Or maybe... bus-san???

    Thanks so much for all your hard work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I smell drama, but it might be a good one

    Thanks, hoping for more

    ReplyDelete
  7. is it because of trolls putting bad reviews? this is pretty good. novelupdates voting is corrupted by trolls

    ReplyDelete
  8. is it because of trolls putting bad reviews? this is pretty good. novelupdates voting is corrupted by trolls

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks good.
    Thanks for the chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks good wasn't sure when I read the synopsis, but yeah this is good.

    ReplyDelete