Thursday, March 3, 2016

Nagai Koto Chapter 001

The Long Journey Until I Reunite With You

Death. Rebirth. Another World. Is This Fantasy? What Do I Do Now?

I remembered myself as Asakura Ryuuma, but that was around the time I was celebrating my eighth birthday as Velt Jeeha. Since then, it’s been two years. I became a ten year old and nothing has changed, I haven’t gotten anywhere. Every once in awhile, when there’s nothing to do, tears spontaneously come out of my eyes.

Velt, what’s wrong? The other day you were also crying on your birthday weren’t you? (????)

Honestly, I didn’t understand myself. Am I Velt Jeeha or Asakura Ryuuma? Have I been born again as Velt Jeeha, and am living with the memories of Asakura Ryuuma? It’s just, even though the parents I share blood with are there, nowadays they are looking at someone else.

Mother. (Asakura → Velt)

Did you see a bad dream? (Mother)

Aruna Jeeha. 26 years old. The one that gave birth to me, Velt Jeeha’s mother. A beautiful girl with matching red hair, famous among the nearby commoners. She was a doting parent that spoiled me to the extreme in my rebellious age.

Hahaha, Velt is really cute isn’t he? Then, want to sleep with mama and papa today? (Man)

Similarly, there was my doting father, Bonapa Jeeha. 29 years old. With short blond hair, he was solidly built with an expression accustomed to hard labor, though when he has his wife and child in his sights, he becomes sweet.
(TN: Deredere/デレデレ was replaced by sweet, go google it.)

Since I don’t sleep well with you, I’ll sleep by myself. It’s annoying. (Velt)

Ooooh, mama Velt’s becoming an adult now~」 (Man → Bonapa)

But, calling mama and papa annoying, punishment punches! Bad! Bad! Bad! (Mother → Aruna)

Velt Jeeha, 10 years old. that’s my current identity. I inherited my mother’s red hair, but since I had a rebellious and cheeky look in my eyes, I wasn’t cute. However, on the contrary my parents disregarded that about me and dotingly fawned on me. Even till now I resisted, but that feeling was growing stronger. When I was Asakura Ryuuma, my parents had basically disinherited me, so I didn’t know anything like familial love. Because of that, I was somewhat uncomfortable.

Listen up Velt. In yesterday’s class at school, I heard you did something during the levitation practice test. (Bonapa)

Oh, I haven’t heard of this? (Aruna)

I was working in the fields, when the teacher came over crying. The subject was using levitation to move a jar from one side to another, and it seems you violently threw it! (Bonapa)

Aah, something like that did happen didn’t it. That’s because I can’t use anything like magic.

Wow! If you couldn’t do it you’d run, but you found a way to do it on your own, how great! (Aruna)

You think so too right mama? What an exciting way to do it, papa is happy! (Bonapa)

This area was surrounded by wheat fields as it was an agricultural zone. There were no such things as electricity, cars, or convenience stores. The main mode of transport was a horse. The neighborhood was separated into intervals and each household had several buildings.

However, it couldn’t be considered the countryside. You would be able to reach Elfashia Kingdom’s royal capital in about 30 minutes. I constantly go back and forth, as Elfashia’s Magic School for Children is in the city.

The capital city has several million people. The basic necessities of life were satisfied, the technological and magical cultures were developing, and there was little crime. It was a peaceful kingdom. However, even then, this world was vastly different compared to Asakura Ryuuma’s world

A fantasy world, is it. It’s no wonder I haven’t adjusted to this world. (Velt)

I died, then was reborn in this medieval-like fantasy world with a new life. I don’t know if it’s right or wrong, but this is the best answer I could come up with.

You haven’t gotten used to it? What’s wrong, Velt? Don’t tell me you’re being bullied at school! Unforgivable! Which noble’s kid is it? Papa will beat them up! (Bonapa)

Eeeh? Velt If it’s painful you can tell mama anytime you know? Even though I can’t use magic, mama will protect Velt. With my mama-punch, take this, and that! (Aruna)

At any rate, I’m always thinking, are these people okay with this?  When I was Asakura Ryuuma, my parents were annoying, but isn’t this unpleasant? I’ve been rather spoiled, and I haven’t taken advantage of my parents. That is, with Asakura Ryuuma’s end, my blood-related parents don't think of me as a stranger.

No, not just my parents, everyone that I’ve met in this world say the same thing. Nobody knows my true self. In this world, nothing was normal for me, and because of that, I feel uncomfortable.

But, Velt, if you’re actually being bullied, tell us, okay? (Bonpa)

I won’t. Instead, let me cry. Or rather, Your son to this day can’t even use basic magic,
I’ll get failing grades and be right on the path heading towards being a dropout in school! If it’s dad, then he’ll get angry and hit me! (Velt)

Hahaha, What are you saying? Papa doesn’t think you’re someone who can’t keep up in school. As long as you’re there and full of energy, papa will think of it as a perfect score. (Aruna)

That’s what I mean, if you spoil this idiot son, then I’ll go down the wrong path! As a test try to get mad at me! Come on! (Velt)

I-I see. It can’t be helped then......Bad! (Bonapa)

......Mother, I’m hungry. Hurry and make food for me. (Velt)

Good grief, how far are my parents going to dote on me. I disregarded my father, who casually opened his newspaper at the table. Nowadays, I could read this world’s characters. Although it doesn’t seem like I’ve adapted to it, I feel like I’ve gotten used to it. As I was thinking like that, something on the spread open newspaper caught my eye. There, was a picture of a very young boy carrying a sword.

Hmm. A youthful 12 year old hero defeated the Kaiser Commander Shishiten Ajin. Ho Although we aren’t that different, he’s participating in a war. Mister obedient huh~」 (Velt)

Even though you’re ten years old, once in awhile you say something really philosophical like that. You make papa worried. (Bonapa)

Although I was given a new life in another world, there wasn’t anything special about me. In this world there were different species such as demons and demi-humans. And though there were conflicts with humans every day, in this country various groups existed in different territories so there wasn’t anything in particular like an open war.

Most of all, there were the existences of heroes.

Once again, I myself didn’t have any special ability, nor did I have a gift for magic. With regards to my previous life’s knowledge, for a delinquent with no common sense there was no use for that sort of crap. In other words, there was no sort of god that gave me some sort of mission, I was just some farmer’s kid living on through my second life.

Because I realized it when I was ten years old, it was all the more to consider.
For what reason was I given a second life in this world?
For what reason did I have to remember my life as Asakura Ryuuma?

12 comments:

  1. ⊂⊃     (⌒⌒)
      Thanks    ||||| 
       Nepu!! / ~~~ \  ⊂⊃
      ⊂⊃ /  ^ω ^ \  ⊂⊃
    ━━━━傘傘傘┯┯┯┯傘傘傘━━


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why not use Vert instead of Velt? Well just a suggestion here. (›´ω`‹ )

      Delete
    2. Could be either, hard to tell in ヴェルト whether or not the ル is representing an R or L. I'm going to get my hands on volume 1 and check :P

      Delete
    3. Shouldn't Vert be ベール?

      Delete
    4. Vert reminds me of pervert lmao

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the chapter!

    Something new? Looks interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's Velt from Jewish word meaning "World"
    The reason be revealed later
    Have a good day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that clear things up. (≧∇≦)

      Delete
    2. Eyy!! It's because of you that I started reading this ^_^

      Delete